Adjust Freecoaster Gap
The purpose of adjusting the gap on a Freecoaster is to change the response/sensitivity of the hub to your needs.
By removing some of the internal gap washers the amount of travel between turning the crank arm and the clutch engaging increases, this also means that when freecoasting backwards there is a greater amount of movement allowed in the cranks before the clutch engages.
Also by increasing the amount of internal gap spacers the amount of travel between turning the crank arm and the clutch engaging decreases, this means that when freecoasting backwards there is a lesser amount of movement allowed in the cranks before the clutch engages.
The Geisha Freecoaster is delivered with the longest reponse possible,
the Geisha Street Freecoaster with the quickest response.
To change the response, follow the instructions:
1. Disassemble the axle adaptor.
2. The sprocket/driver must be removed by turns now.
3. Hold the hub with the side where the sprocket was removed showing upwards. Take a plastic hammer and hit the axle carefully. The axle including the Inner parts will come out of the hub shell slowly. Do not take a steel/metall hammer, the axle will be destroyed. The inly way getting the axle and the inner parts out of the hub is the former described way. The other way round will will destroy parts of the freecoaster.
4. After the axle is removed the bearing must be disassembled. Disassemble the bearing carefully by pulling/pushing it at the inner ring.
5. The delivered spacers can be assembled or assembled spacers can be disassembled now. The more spacer are assembled, the quicker the coaster responds.
6. Reassemble the hub step by step. Take care of the bearings, don´t hit the outer ring.
Any questions? Don´t hesitate contacting us or an authorized dealer.